455 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
J.D., University Colorado, Boulder
B.A., University of Massachusetts
Yolanda Clarke is a senior associate attorney in Vicente LLP's Denver office, where she focuses on licensing and regulatory compliance. Since joining the firm as a law clerk in 2016, she has led and assisted with licensing projects across the U.S. in California, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Ohio, New York, Illinois, Utah, Iowa, Georgia, as well as internationally in Canada. With more than 40 licenses obtained for clients, she is highly knowledgeable in all aspects of the licensing process.
In 2023, Yolanda was recognized by her peers in the "Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch" list for her work in administrative/regulatory law.
While in law school, Yolanda practiced as a student attorney at CU’s Criminal Defense Clinic and was active in the Korey Wise Innocence Project and Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association Record Sealing Clinics. She was also a founding member of the university’s If, When, How: Lawyers for Reproductive Justice Group and served as vice president of the Cannabis Law League. Prior to law school, Yolanda worked as a paralegal at a real estate law firm serving the mid-Atlantic region.
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Pro Bono Attorney, Turn Over a New Leaf Record Sealing Clinic, 2018-2019
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Administrative / Regulatory Law, 2023
Co-author, "Guidelines for the Personal Use of Psychedelics Under Colorado’s Natural Medicine Health Act of 2022," February 3, 2023
Co-author, "New Illinois Cannabis Dispensary Licensing Round Presents Additional Opportunities for Cannabusinesses," January 11, 2023
Co-author, "The Natural Medicine Health Act of 2022: A Measure to Access Psychedelic Medicine in Colorado," October 10, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "[Webinar] Psychedelic Opportunities in Oregon and Colorado,” Online, January 12, 2023
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "[Webinar] Cannabis & Psychedelics On the Ballot,” Online, November 01, 2022
- Speaker, University of Colorado Law School, "COVID and Cannabis, how a previous crime became an essential business.,” Boulder, March 11, 2021
- Speaker, The Craft Cannabis Club: Cannabiz Connect, "How to Succeed in Competitive Marijuana Business Licensing | Vicente Sederberg LLP,” Virtual, December 16, 2020
- Speaker, AILA Rocky Mountain Fall Conference, "Marijuana and Immigration,” Denver, October 11, 2019
- Speaker, MOCann BizCon & Expo, "How to Succeed in Competitive Marijuana Business Licensing,” Missouri, March 11, 2019
In the Media
- YakCityNews, "Oregon is months away from psilocybin implementation, others will still have to vote," August 31, 2022
- Cannabis Therapy Potcast, "Cannabiz Connect: How to Succeed in Competitive Marijuana Business Licensing," December 16, 2020