As a director of regulatory compliance at Vicente LLP, Genevieve assists cannabis businesses in the western U.S. in understanding complex rules and regulations, conducts onsite compliance audits, reviews packaging, labeling, and advertising to ensure compliance with regulations, and provides insight into operational best practices to help cannabis businesses meet regulatory requirements while maintaining efficiencies.
Genevieve joined Vicente LLP in 2015 and began supporting the development of the firm’s Colorado regulatory compliance practice shortly thereafter. Since that time, she has worked with a dynamic range of cannabis clients, worked on license applications in 6 different states, and, out of a pool of 122 applicants, drafted the highest-scoring retail cannabis permit application for the City of Pasadena, California.
Just before the re-adoption of the California Emergency Cannabis Regulations in 2018, Genevieve’s primary focus became aiding California clients with transitioning into the regulated adult-use marketplace and navigating the rapidly changing regulatory environment. To further her understanding of the challenges of coming into compliance and gain hands-on operational experience, Genevieve worked directly for a premier infused products company in the City of Oakland for nearly a year. In this role, she provided direct oversight on developing compliance documentation such as standard operating procedures, master manufacturing protocol, quality management systems, and robust training materials. During her time with the company, Genevieve became immersed in the nuances of cannabis manufacturing and gained an in-depth understanding of quality and testing protocols, supply chain issues, and distribution management.
Genevieve is a graduate of West Chester University, where she concentrated her studies on public health and policy analysis. She has been an active advocate for responsible cannabis regulation since 2010 when she served as the president of her university’s Students for Sensible Drug Policy chapter and volunteered with both the Drug Policy Alliance and the National Cannabis Industry Association. Genevieve’s passion for supporting the cannabis community is rooted in patient rights, and throughout her work, she remains committed to safe and consistent patient access.
Author, "Colorado Marijuana Rulemaking Is Underway," July 24, 2023
Co-author, "What You Need to Know About SB23-290, Colorado’s Natural Medicine Health Act Implementation Bill," May 3, 2023
Co-author, "Understanding the Current Legal Status of Psychedelics in the United States," May 27, 2022
Author, "Oklahoma Cannabis Businesses: It’s Time to Get Compliant with Metrc," May 4, 2022
Co-author, "5 Resolutions for Your California Cannabis Business," January 14, 2022
Co-author, "California Department of Cannabis Control Files Emergency Rules," October 7, 2021
Co-author, "California Cannabis Businesses Preparedness Resources for Wildfires, Power Outages and Remote Audits," August 28, 2020
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "Training for Excellence in Cannabis Operations and Compliance,” Online, June 28, 2023
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "Compliance Best Practices for Michigan Cannabis Operators,” Online, April 19, 2023
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "[Webinar] California Cannabis Regulatory Update,” Online, November 09, 2022
- Speaker, Cannabis Marketing Summit, "Moderator - Legal Considerations in Cannabis Marketing: Intellectual Property, Compliance, and Avoiding Conflicts ,” Denver, June 09, 2022
- Speaker, CannPack Cannabis Packaging Conference, "Cannabis Packaging Regulations Forum,” Anaheim, April 12, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "California Cannabis Packaging and Labeling Compliance,” Webinar, July 15, 2020
In the Media
- Rootwurks, "As the 10th Anniversary Passes, Tough Times Continue for Colorado’s Legal Cannabis Market," November 2, 2022
- Business Wire, "Cannabis Packaging Conference Keynotes to Explore “Opportunities in Cannabis Packaging” and “The State of California Cannabis” at April 2022 Event," March 17, 2022