Sally Kent Peebles Will Share Florida Cannabis Licensing Insights at Cannalaw Summit
Apr 27, 2023
Vicente partner Sally Kent Peebles will share cannabis legal and licensing insights at the Cannalaw Summit on May 3, 2023. The summit brings together legal experts from across the cannabis industry to discuss the latest developments in cannabis law and regulation.
12:45 p.m. CT
In this program, a panel of the top cannabis attorneys from four corners of the United States (California, Florida, New York and Oregon) will examine the state of the law in cannabis and what is occurring in licensing requirements and regulations. Each state has approached legalization differently, we can compare and contrast the restrictions, legalization process and the procedure for obtaining a license. In addition, the presenters will cover recent developments in their respective legislatures on cannabis use, advertising, and licensing.
Key topics include:
- Medical vs Recreational
- Applications for Licenses: Open or Closed
- Types of Licensing (Retail, Delivery, Processing and Production)
- Residential Requirements and Criminal History
- Social Equity Programs
- Common Pitfalls in Acquiring Licenses
- Restrictions (number of licenses one can hold, crossover between producers and retailers, is vertical integration allowed)
- Laws on advertising, licensing brands, white labeling
- Licensing issues in limited license markets (Florida and NY)
You’ll hear from:
- Sally Kent Peebles, Esq., Partner, Vicente LLP
- Simon Malinowski, Attorney, Harris Bricken
- Shahiedah Shabazz, Associate, ArentFox Schiff LLP
- Ted Bernhard, Managing Partner, Cultiva Law PLLC
- Aaron Pelley, Founder, Cultiva Law PLLC (Moderator)
About Sally Peebles
Sally Kent Peebles is a partner in Vicente LLP's Florida office, where she focuses her practice on corporate law, commercial real estate, and regulatory matters. She helps clients navigate the patchwork of state laws controlling marijuana, and continues to successfully handle numerous cannabis business license acquisitions for clients in Florida, Colorado, and Oregon.
Sally is a leading voice on cannabis law and policy in Florida. In 2019, she was appointed to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' Medical Cannabis Advisory Committee, which provides advice and recommendations to the department regarding policies and guidance on medical cannabis issues and patient needs and concerns. In 2021, Sally co-founded the nonprofit organization, WISE Florida, which aims to build support for legalizing and regulating cannabis for adult use in Florida.