455 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
Corporate & Business
Psychedelics & Emerging Therapies
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., Johns Hopkins University
A.A., Bard College at Simon's Rock
Barine Majewska is counsel in Vicente LLP's Denver office, where she is a leading member of the firm's Psychedelics and Emerging Therapies Practice Group. She became an attorney because she loved the logical reasoning skills required by law, and grew to enjoy applying those skills to help people and companies be successful in business. After graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law, she joined the corporate department at Cooley LLP, where she worked with technology and startup companies doing venture capital, M&A, and technology licensing work.
Later in her legal career, her long-standing respect for psychedelics and plant medicine work led her to a fantastic opportunity to intern in psilocybin studies at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where her firsthand experience working as both a research assistant and guide in psilocybin sessions gave her clear insights into the potency, benefits, and pitfalls of psychedelic work.
In 2016, Barine returned to law and joined Vicente LLP. She applies Vicente LLP’s pioneering spirit in the cannabis industry to fostering the effective, safe and legal use of psilocybin, ketamine, MDMA and other entheogens. She is fascinated by the ethical, cultural, spiritual, psychological, and commercial challenges and opportunities presented by this emerging industry. In addition to her work in the psychedelic space, she assists clients with corporate and intellectual property licensing matters, and loves working with driven, innovative clients.
She has deep interests in meditation, biohacking and the many types of altered states of consciousness accessed throughout human history via different technologies. She holds an undergraduate degree in physics, and is fluent in Turkish.
- Co-author, "Colorado Psychedelics Update: Natural Medicine Regulation and Legalization Bill Introduced in Colorado Legislature," April 19, 2023
- Author, "A Call for Inclusivity and Humility in the Psychedelic Renaissance," August 4, 2021
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "Equitable Access & Psychedelics,” Online, April 13, 2023
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "[Webinar] Psychedelic Opportunities in Oregon and Colorado,” Online, January 12, 2023
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Entheogens Roundtable #2,” Online, October 20, 2022
- Speaker, Emergence Psychedelics Festival, "The (Legal) Future of Psychedelics in Colorado,” Denver, October 01, 2022
- Speaker, CLE Companion: Psychedelics 101, "The Red Flags and Grey Areas in Psychedelic Practice,” Online, September 22, 2021
- Speaker, Psychedelic Club of Denver, "Exploring Ways to End the Drug War,” Denver, August 04, 2021
- Speaker, Cannalaw Summit, "Quickfire Questions: What's next for hemp, recreational, medical, pharma, and psychedelics?,” Online, May 06, 2021
In the Media
- Benzinga, "Alchemy Community Therapy Center Welcomes New Board Members," December 13, 2022
- EINPressWire, "CLE Companion Hosts Groundbreaking CLE Series on the Emerging Legal Practice of Psychedelics," September 22, 2021