[Webinar] Hemportunities: State and Federal Funding Opportunities for Hemp Businesses
Aug 5, 2020
Regardless of a business's product or commodity, researching and navigating federal and state funding options can be tricky. And while hemp is a federally legal crop, it is still an emerging industry—presenting an added layer of challenges for hemp businesses seeking government funding. Whether you’re just starting up, have an established hemp-related business you want to grow, or need assistance due to COVID-19, you have funding options!
Watch the replay to learn about grant and loan opportunities for hemp farmers and hemp-related businesses.
Topics of this online discussion include:
- Federal and select state loan and grant programs for which hemp is an eligible crop/business
- COVID-19-specific financial programs
- Overview of some valuable loan and grant programs for which hemp is not currently eligible, and how you can advocate for future inclusion of this now-legal commodity in such programs
- Michelle Bodian, Senior Associate Attorney, Grants & Loans Practice Group Co-chair, Vicente Sederberg LLP
- Eric Steenstra, President, Vote Hemp