[Webinar] Cannabis Real Estate Considerations
Oct 12, 2021
One of the biggest challenges to establishing a cannabis business footprint is identifying and securing eligible real estate. Restrictive zoning policies and a wide range of cannabis-specific setbacks typically result in scarcity of available properties, which is compounded by landlord/tenant issues. To position your company for success, there are many real estate issues to consider.
Watch this recorded session, where members of VS’s real estate practice discuss cannabis real estate issues, including lease considerations and local jurisdiction laws that may affect your business.
The practice's newest member, Eric Sauter, touches on real estate financing. Eric has been closing commercial real estate loans for over a decade and negotiates commercial and industrial loans and lines of credit on behalf of lenders and businesses seeking funds for operations and capital expenses.
Topics of discussion include:
- Common issues at the intersection of real estate and cannabis
- Lease considerations from both tenant and landlord perspectives
- Best practices for approaching real estate transaction financing
- How to navigate local regulations related to merit applications, zoning and setbacks
- Cassia Furman, Partner
- Sally Kent Peebles, Partner
- Eric Sauter, Partner