Help us make the SXSW stage! Vote for our "On the Border: Cannabis Legalization in N America" panel
Aug 9, 2022
SXSW 2023 Panelpicker is open for voting and VS founding partner Brian Vicente, amongst others, needs your help to place this panel on the SXSW 2023 schedule.
Sandwiched between two countries where cannabis is nationally legal (or soon-to-be), sits the United States. With its state-by-state patchwork of full and partial legalization, with plenty of prohibition mixed in, it sits in stark contrast with its neighbors up north (Canada) and down south (Mexico). And although each nation shares similar goals when it comes to cannabis, their paths to legalization, public sentiment about legalization and marketplace structures remain vastly different. How will this uneven playing field impact the North American cannabis marketplace, international relations, tourism, trade policy, and the urgency of a US federal legalization plan?
- Canada and Mexico’s legalization efforts could expedite federal legalization in the US and must if it wants to retain footing as a policy leader.
- Equity in the marketplace for minorities and indigenous people and building fairer justice systems are critical concerns for all three nations.
- The US, Canada, and Mexico's separate approaches to legalization have the potential to influence how other countries model their own cannabis laws.
- Bridget Hennessey, VP of Public Affairs, Weedmaps
- Bryan Murray, EVP of Government Relations, Acreage Holdings
- Stephen Murphy, Sr. Co-founder, CEO, Prohibition Partners
- Brian Vicente, Founding Partner, Vicente Sederberg
SXSW Community Voting: August 9-21, 2022
Create an account and vote here!