Shawn Hauser to Speak About CBD at CRN/ACI 8th Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements
Jun 18, 2020
Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the leading trade association representing dietary supplement and functional food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers, will host the 8th Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements from June 23 through June 25, 2020.
On June 25 at 9 a.m., Shawn Hauser will participate in Workshop A – Working Group on Compliant Commercialization of Hemp-Derived CBD Dietary Supplements: Understanding the Current Domestic and International Legal Status and How to Manage Legal Risks for Distributing Hemp-Derived CBD Products.
This virtual session will cover the following topics:
Legal, Regulatory and the Industry Standards
- Understanding the current FDA position regarding the use of CBD in dietary supplements and foods
- Lessons learned from recent FDA warning letters
- Examining the DEA’s perspective on hemp and its removal from the Controlled Substances Act
- Understating the effect of the 2018 Farm Bill nearly two years after its passage
- Comparing and contrasting federal and state laws on CBD use
- Assessing how industry best practices for other botanical and similar ingredients may help CBD companies develop safe and effective products
- Recognizing gaps where current standards do not address challenges with manufacturing CBD
- Understanding what industry stakeholders can glean from the FDA’s approval of the drug Epidolex
Developing Strategies for Successful Market Entry
- Understanding the steps needed to place your product on the market from start to finish
- Examining current consumer perceptions about CBD
- Outlining the risks and liabilities associated with using CBD in dietary supplements
- Devising effective strategies for developing claims substantiation and labeling that helps reduce legal risks
- Avoiding disease claim and other prohibited claims
- Surveying international rules and regulation for hemp-derived CBD
- Comparing and contrasting the various rules and regulations of hemp-derived CBD in dietary supplements in Europe vs. Asia vs. Latin America
- Examining the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)’s position on CBD
Register here and use code S10-669-669L20.S for a 10% discount.