[Webinar] Restructuring Options in Cannabis: Out-of-Court Workouts
Mar 15, 2023
Businesses looking to reduce or eliminate debts and return to profitability may choose to declare bankruptcy. However, until federal law changes, plant-touching and ancillary cannabis businesses cannot access federal bankruptcy courts.
As discussed in our recent webinar, cannabis companies facing insolvency may use state receiverships to restructure an insolvent business. On the other hand, out-of-court workouts between lenders and borrowers may be a better option for all parties involved. But what does that mean, and what is the right choice for your business?
Watch this recorded session to learn the practical issues around out-of-court workouts and cannabis companies.
Topics of discussion include:
- Why care about out-of-court workouts? Understanding the context of the cannabis industry and why a business would consider an out-of-court workout
- Business plans moving forward and the need to ensure a path to profitability
- What is involved in an out-of-court workout?
- Fiduciary duties and personal liability in the context of a business facing financial distress
- Interplay between equity holders and lenders
- Regulatory considerations if lenders become control parties