[Webinar] Massachusetts Cannabis Regulatory Update
Aug 19, 2022
For the first time since adult-use cannabis was legalized in the Commonwealth, the Massachusetts Legislature voted to pass marijuana reform legislation that will impact the cannabis industry in significant ways, particularly with respect to social equity. The passage of this new law is a positive step forward in building a strong, equitable cannabis industry in Massachusetts.
Watch this session, where members of VS’s Massachusetts team give an overview of the new law and insights into how it might impact your business in the Commonwealth.
Topics of discussion included:
- Overview of the new law, An Act Relative to Equity in the Cannabis Industry, S. 3096
- Changes to Host Community Agreements
- Municipal authorization of Social Consumption Establishments
- New opportunities and benefits involving Social Equity companies
- Expungement of cannabis criminal records
- Tax considerations
- Implementation timeline
- Jennifer Flanagan, Director of Regulatory Policy
- Kim Napoli, Director of DEI
- Phil Silverman, Partner
- David Ullian, Counsel