[Webinar] Cannabis Real Estate 101: A Primer for Social Equity Applicants & Entrepreneurs
Feb 17, 2022
For many businesses, securing real estate is a key component to success. This is especially true for a cannabis business, as there are many unique regulatory and financing challenges to overcome.
Watch this recorded session from March 10, 2022, where we demystify the world of real estate and provide a basic understanding of the real estate-related challenges and opportunities that cannabis operators face. With a focus on issues related to Social Equity Operators and those new to the cannabis industry, panelists address topics from the operator, investor, and legal perspectives.
Topics of discussion included:
- General real estate issues vs. cannabis real estate issues
- Pre-license real estate considerations
- Funding and identification of partners
- License opportunities and real estate considerations for Social Equity Operators
- Real estate due diligence
- Richard Acosta – Partner, Green Tech Properties
- Yarrow Kubrin – Director of Real Estate, CannDev
- Marc Ross – Counsel, Head of Impact & ESG, Vicente Sederberg LLP
- Barrington Rutherford – Chairman of the Board, Park Jordan Real Estate