Cannabis Policy & Your New Jersey Community: Municipal Working Session with Vicente Sederberg LLP
Jun 24, 2021
Local leaders in New Jersey learned about municipal cannabis policy, zoning, local licensing and more from Vicente Sederberg LLP in the recent working session, "Cannabis Policy & Your New Jersey Community."
This session featured Jen Flanagan, who served as one of the inaugural commissioners on the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission, as well as serving four terms as a State Senator, along with veterans in the land use and zoning and community outreach aspects of cannabis law and policy: Phil Silverman and Heather Kumer of Vicente Sederberg LLP, and Charles Latini of InFIELD Consulting.
In addition to answering questions from an audience of representatives from New Jersey municipalities, the lively discussion covered the following topics:
- Cannabis legalization implementation status in New Jersey
- Important issues to think of from the municipal level as cannabis is legalized, including zoning, local licensing, and balancing resident concerns and cannabis interests
- Perspectives and lessons learned from former Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commissioner, Jen Flanagan
- What municipalities can do to tackle social equity and incentivize community benefits
- Next steps to address the needs of the municipalities