Cannabis Entrepreneurship Academy
May 4, 2021
Colorado Law Executive Education and CU Leeds School of Business are offering an online Cannabis Entrepreneurship Academy: a four-day, continuing education program that will tackle some of the latest legal and business issues cannabis entrepreneurs face. The course will feature two VS partners, Christian Sederberg and Shawn Hauser, in addition to business professors, attorneys, cannabis industry professionals, and cannabis program directors and regulators from Colorado, New York, Portland, and Washington.
The Academy is split into two halves: the first two Fridays, June 4 and 11, will focus on legal issues impacting the cannabis industry. The second two Fridays, June 18 and 25, will emphasize the business side of the industry. Highlights include:
- A panel of state and local regulators from around the country, moderated by the former head of Colorado’s Marijuana Enforcement Division, discussing the latest issues they are seeing on the ground
- A moderated discussion with academics, regulators, and Wanda James, Founder and CEO of Simply Pure, about how states and municipalities can avoid replicating the racial injustices of prohibition and advance social equity
- A hands-on lesson on how to extract useful insights from cannabis industry and company data sets
- A class on how to use behavioral economics and psychology to make your brand stick in the minds of consumers
- A competitive strategy segment that will be broadly applicable to cannabis companies and law firms as well
Topics covered include:
- Financing and banking
- State regulation and enforcement
- Federal regulation and enforcement
- Regulatory regimes
- Ethical issues and negotiations
- Supply chain theory and management
- Market research, data analytics, and marketing strategies
- Comparative perspectives from other states and countries
- Social and ethical issues related to cannabis
- Startup and advanced business advice from experienced cannabis entrepreneurs and other industry experts
Individuals who complete the four-day program will not only receive advanced legal and business training, but will also receive a Certificate in Cannabis Entrepreneurship from the University of Colorado Law School and the Leeds School of Business. Attendees of the law-focused days will receive 8 hours of CLE credit.
- When: Fridays, June 4-24, 2021
- Time: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. MT
- Where: Online
- Cost: $750 for the full course; or $500 for either the law-focused (June 4 & 11) or business-focused (June 18 & 25) days
View the schedule and register here!
Who Is This Program For?
- Executives and management of companies in or working with the cannabis industry
- Entrepreneurs in the cannabis industry
- In house and outside general counsel working with companies in or with the cannabis industry
- Attorneys who work with cannabis companies
- Attorneys looking to start a cannabis law practice
- Government regulators