Adam Fine to Speak at 2022 AICPA & CIMA Cannabis Industry Conference
Jul 28, 2022
VS partner Adam Fine is slated to participate in two sessions in the upcoming 2022 AICPA & CIMA Cannabis Industry Conference. Adam will join other cannabis industry thought leaders and regulators for two regulatory-focused sessions on August 8, 2022 in Denver, Colorado. CPE credits are available for both sessions. Attendees can view the sessions in person or online.
CAN2202. The Legal and Regulatory Environment | August 8 at 1:35 p.m. MT
The cannabis industry is a highly regulated state-legal system that presents challenges in all aspects of accounting. Understand typical regulatory structures, challenges, and unique issues presented by the regulatory environment as it pertains to cannabis accounting and consulting services to include seed-to-sale tracking systems, internal controls, and how to navigate these waters
- Identify typical cannabis structures
- Understand the regulatory environment as it pertains to cannabis accounting
- Highlight key areas of focus in accounting based upon legal and regulatory challenges
CAN2208. Regulatory Fireside Chat | August 8 at 4:40 p.m. MT
A recap of day 1--overview of the industry and the basic introduction to the challenges faced with this new industry
- Identify key regulatory concerns for the cannabis CPA
- Understand differences in regulatory environments
- Learn about different regulatory frameworks
About the AICPA & CIMA Cannabis Industry Conference
Key leaders in the field of cannabis are here to help you stay on top of the latest insider news, regulations and legislation. Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or are looking to step foot in this booming industry, the AICPA & CIMA Cannabis Industry Conference is a great opportunity to manage through the complex world of cannabis. You’ll receive key support from industry leaders who will cover a variety of hot topics for you to gain confidence in operating your practice with new techniques:
- Best procedures around financial statement preparation and the SAFE Banking Act
- How to raise money and pitch deck considerations for your practice
- Small firm practice and key court case review
- Product cultivation, processing and manufacturing
- Bookkeeping, cost accounting, compliance and much more!
This conference is co-located with the AICPA & CIMA Agriculture Industry Conference, where VS partner Shawn Hauser is speaking on August 9 at 5:10 p.m. Agriculture attendees will have the ability to connect and network with Cannabis conference attendees during receptions and exhibit hours.
Learn more about the event and register here!