20 Commerce Dr.
Cranford, NJ 07016
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law
B.A., magna cum laude, Rutgers University
Steve Pemberton is an associate attorney at Vicente LLP. Steve focuses his practice on cannabis business licensing, land use, and regulatory compliance law. Steve and the New Jersey team have helped clients secure numerous state and municipal approvals across the Garden State.
Before joining Vicente LLP, Steve served as an attorney-advisor with the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission in Washington, D.C., where he gained exposure to the heavily regulated mining industry.
Steve graduated from Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude, and holds a bachelor's degree from Rutgers University, where he studied political science, history, and music.
Co-author, "New Jersey Moves One Step Closer to Cannabis Consumption Areas: CRC Publishes Proposed Regulations," January 25, 2023
Co-author, "Highlights from New Jersey’s 2022 Proposed New Cannabis Rules," August 2, 2022
Co-author, "Summary of New Jersey’s Adult Use Cannabis Regulations," August 24, 2021
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "[Webinar] How to Run a Compliant Cannabis Dispensary in New Jersey,” Online, March 22, 2023
- Speaker, New England Cannabis Convention, "Ready, Set, Grow! Expanding Your Massachusetts Brand Across the Northeast,” Boston, March 11, 2023
- Speaker, 3rd Annual New Jersey Cannabis Convention, "So You Have a License...Now What? Get Compliant!,” , September 10, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Session 1: New York Cannabis Update & CAURD Overview,” Online, August 18, 2022
In the Media
- Asbury Park Press, "Dispensaries are old news. Weed lounges could be the next big thing in NJ legal marijuana," December 12, 2022