334 E. Washington St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
J.D., University of Wisconsin
B.A., University of St. Thomas (MN)
Krissy Atterholt is an associate attorney in Vicente LLP’s Michigan office. She assists Michigan and Midwest clients with cannabis licensing, compliance and regulatory projects. Krissy is also passionate about psychedelic policy and advocating for safe, equitable and legal access to entheogens.
Krissy first joined Vicente LLP in 2021, where she completed a year-long clerkship with the Los Angeles office. The Vicente LLP clerkship provided her with a deep understanding of cannabis licensing, psychedelic policy and the unique intricacies cannabis and emerging therapeutic businesses face. Prior to her time with Vicente LLP, Krissy spent nearly a year learning the ins and outs of cannabis and psychedelic law as an intern with Plant Medicine Law Group LLP, a woman-founded firm based out of New York. She also served as a project assistant for the University of Wisconsin Law School’s Restorative Justice Project, where she gained the skills to see clients and their problems holistically and implement creative and restorative resolutions.
Krissy earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Wisconsin and received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of St. Thomas—Minnesota.
- Author, "What Minnesota Cannabis Licensees with Retail Operations Can Expect from Local Governments: License Limits, Zoning, Fees, and Compliance Checks," April 11, 2023
- Author, "Rise in Michigan Cannabis Regulatory Agency Enforcement Actions Signals Importance of Operational Compliance," March 30, 2023
- Co-author, "Minnesota Cannabis Legalization Bill Amended to Lessen Potential Impact on Breweries Manufacturing THC Beverages," March 22, 2023
- Author, "Psychedelic Policy Reform in Michigan: A Brief History," February 14, 2023
Author, "Michigan Cannabis Packaging and Labeling 101," October 28, 2022
Author, "How to Fix Non-compliant Michigan Cannabis Product Packaging," October 28, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "Compliance Best Practices for Michigan Cannabis Operators,” Online, April 19, 2023