455 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
Corporate & Business
Economics & Research
Government & Policy
Psychedelics & Emerging Therapies
J.D., Syracuse University, magna cum laude
M.B.A., Syracuse University
B.S., Business Management, Arizona State University
Jason Adelstone is an associate attorney in Vicente LLP’s Denver office, where he focuses his practice on federal and international policy, impact litigation, corporate and business law, and cannabis regulatory compliance. From advising clients on international policy reforms—especially as it relates to obligations under the three international drug treaties—to drafting contracts and performing market analyses, Jason is a valuable resource for his clients.
Before joining Vicente LLP as an intern in 2018, Jason served as a law clerk for the Onondaga County Attorney’s office in New York state. Prior to law school, he gained worldly experience through his tenure as a logistics supervisor of beverage, retail, and finance operations for the U.S. Antarctic Program, where he worked with government agencies and contractors at McMurdo Station on Ross Island.
Jason attended Syracuse University College of Law, where he received his Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, and Master of Business Administration degree.
- Contributor, "The Cannabis Business: Understanding Law, Finance, and Governance in America’s Newest Industry; Chapter 8 'Introduction to Cannabis and Bankruptcy Law'," December 30, 2020
Author, "The Duality of Cannabis Regulation According to the International Narcotics Control Board: How INCB Concludes that Cannabis Legalization Has Not Achieved Intended Objectives While Providing Evidence to the Contrary," March 15, 2023
Co-author, "Cannabis Crossing State Lines: California Dept. of Cannabis Control Pushes for Interstate Commerce," February 24, 2023
Author, "Highly Non-Compliant: Does Non-Medical Cannabis Legalization Really Fit within the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs? No, It Does Not!" April 27, 2022
Lead Author, "Memo to the INCB Regarding Draft Guidelines on Control Requirements for Medical and Scientific Cannabis," May 24, 2021
Co-author, "Memo to the INCB Regarding International Control of CBD Preparations and the Impacts of Potential Reforms," December 1, 2020
Co-author, "2020 Elections and Cannabis: Focus on Arizona," October 29, 2020
Co-author, "Exploring Alternatives to Bankruptcy for Cannabis Businesses," April 17, 2020
Co-author, "Can Hemp Companies Declare Bankruptcy?" September 27, 2019
Co-author, "Member Blog: A Summary Of Colorado’s Publicly Licensed Marijuana Companies Bill (HB19-1090)," June 3, 2019
In the Media
- Forbes, "Why Germany is Scaling Back Plans to Legalize Cannabis," April 11, 2023
- Cannabis Now, "UN Warns Adult-Use Cannabis in US States Violates International Treaty," March 24, 2023
- Green Market Report, "International Cannabis Reform Ramps Up in Europe, South America," November 30, 2022
- My Cannabis, "Germany's Marijuana Plan Leaves the EU & UN Obligations Pending: Jason Adelstone," October 27, 2022
- Highly Objective , "Conversations with Leading Executives and Investors in the Cannabis Industry," October 13, 2022
- Arizona Daily Star , "Here Weed Go Podcast Has a New Episode," May 18, 2022
- Benzinga, "Which Countries Will Likely Legalize Cannabis In 2022 And Why Isn't The US Among Them?," December 23, 2021
- The Colorado Sun, "Coloradans Convicted of Marijuana Possession Could Easily Get Their Record Sealed under New Bill," April 5, 2021
- WeedWeek, "Status Update: Arizona," January 21, 2021
- Cannabis Now, "Washington State Lawmakers Approve Interstate Cannabis Commerce Bill,"