Director of Regulatory Compliance
800 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02199
B.A., Northeastern University
Casey Leaver is a director of regulatory compliance at Vicente LLP. In this role, she assists clients with understanding rules and regulations and provides guidance for establishing and operating a compliant marijuana business. She also regularly conducts on-site facility audits to ensure compliance with state regulations and prepare clients for pre-and post-licensure inspections. Acting as a liaison between clients and the Cannabis Control Commission, Casey is focused on the prevention of disciplinary action and maintaining a compliant marijuana establishment. She also assists licensees in navigating and preparing appropriate responses to notices of violations, deficiencies, and enforcement action.
As her view of compliance and role are all-encompassing, Casey prepares clients for a compliant and efficient business from the outset, starting with application material review, input on facility layouts as well as development of policies and procedures, training and education materials. In addition, she conducts reviews of labels, packaging, advertising, marketing, social media posts and website design.
Prior to joining Vicente LLP, Casey worked as a special investigation and compliance manager for the background check company awarded the contract with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Medical Marijuana Program and later the Cannabis Control Commission, conducting in-depth investigations on behalf of the Commonwealth as well as marijuana businesses. She also led due diligence and security consulting investigations, including risk evaluations, workplace violence investigations, and vulnerability assessments. Her experience provides a well-rounded view of investigations and suitability in the marijuana industry from both regulator and licensed operator perspectives.
Author, "Revisiting SOPs in Massachusetts Cannabis: A Cautionary Tale," April 10, 2023
Co-author, "What Will Adult-Use Cannabis Products Look Like In New York? Draft Regulations Approved for Packaging, Labeling, Marketing and Advertising," June 2, 2022
Co-author, "New Massachusetts Medical and Adult-Use Marijuana Regulations," November 1, 2019
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "[Webinar] How to Run a Compliant Cannabis Dispensary in New Jersey,” Online, March 22, 2023
- Speaker, Vicente LLP, "[Webinar] FDA Punts CBD Regulation: What Does that Mean for Hemp Businesses?,” Webinar, February 09, 2023
- Speaker, Cannabis Quality Conference and Expo, "Compliance is Key: Best Practices for Your New Jersey Cannabis Business,” Parsippany, October 18, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "OSHA: Health & Safety Risks for Cannabis Operators,” Online, September 28, 2022
- Speaker, 3rd Annual New Jersey Cannabis Convention, "So You Have a License...Now What? Get Compliant!,” , September 10, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Session 2: Licensing & Compliance Tips for New York CAURD,” Online, August 25, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Achieving Compliance: Cannabis Facility EHS Compliance Audits,” Online, February 16, 2022
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Preparing Your Massachusetts Cannabis Business for Inspections,” Online, May 20, 2021
- Speaker, Green Rush Talk Show, "Hear from Experts on Cannabis Compliance Live on The Green Rush,” Online, April 26, 2021
- Speaker, Vicente Sederberg LLP, "Common Massachusetts Cannabis Compliance Pitfalls,” Online, April 22, 2021
- Speaker, NCIA Northeast , "Compliance is Critical: How to Avoid a Costly Mistake,” Boston, February 19, 2020
In the Media
- Cannabis Industry Journal, "Registration Opens for 2023 Cannabis Quality Conference," May 4, 2023
- The Cannabis Business Minds Show, "Cannabis Compliance with Casey Leaver – What You Need to Know," March 16, 2023
- Daily Medical Cannabis News, "[Webinar] Common Pitfalls in Regulatory Compliance in Massachusetts," May 9, 2021