Vice President of Eastern Markets and Business Intelligence
B.A./M.A., Boston University
Becca Rutenberg currently serves as Vicente LLP’s vice president of eastern markets + business intelligence. In this role, she provides strategic guidance on competitive municipal and state licensing applications in East Coast markets and across the nation, including strategies relative to community outreach, coalition building, government affairs, and local benefit analysis. Becca works collaboratively with clients to identify business goals, develop overarching strategies for execution, and manage high-value projects.
In 2022, Becca was recognized by the Boston Business Journal as a ’40 under 40’ awardee. She is the recipient of Green Market Report’s Women’s Leadership Award in the legal industry and was featured as one of the Women to Know in New York Cannabis by NY Cannabis Insider.
Prior to joining Vicente LLP, Becca served as the chief operating officer of the Novus Group, a Boston-based government affairs firm specializing in emerging industries, including the sharing economy, renewable energy, and the cannabis industry. She also worked for the City of Cambridge, Massachusetts and the American Association of University Women.
Becca is a graduate of Boston University with a Master of the Arts and Bachelor of the Arts in Political Science. A Magna Cum Laude graduate, she has her degree specialization in public policy implementation.
- Speaker, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, "Cannabis in Massachusetts: The Latest in Compliance, Government Relations, and Interstate Growth,” Online, June 17, 2021
In the Media
- NY Cannabis Insider (Syracuse.com), "NY’s women in cannabis: Rebecca Rutenberg," July 6, 2023
- Green Market Report, "Green Market Report Women’s Leadership Awards: Rebecca Rutenberg," May 1, 2023
- Green Market Report, "The 2023 Winners of the GMR Women's Leadership Awards," March 24, 2023
- Wicked Local - Orleans , "Traffic Study is Sought for Cannabis Venue," November 23, 2019